THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My LURVE Affair with You!


This is a repeated post somewhat but I guess I'll have to go into deeper detail.. Woke up this morning, extremely early I might add and went on my usual start of the day rituals on the computer, varies from facebook, to newsnow for more Villa news and then to the emails and WOoo.. nuffnang. *click click*.

There's a competition!

Since I've been in Boring Central having something to do for once is like a gift from Heaven. Trust me. I'm in desperation for something different besides what I've been doing, here. So So, what do I love and miss the most. Something different from the usual girlfriend/boyfriend, buddies, family, transformers and those mumbo jumbo. Ran nowhere til it suddenly hit me, the biggest part of my teenage life. Was my bowling days. Here's the story.


My love affair started when I was 8. I started following my dad to the alley, he was a bowler and was pretty decent bowler back in the days, (psst.. crap when compared to my standards..haha) I used to follow him to the alley every week til eventually I met the guyz there. Most of my childhood memories surrounds the sport but my dad didn't allow me to start playing til I was 12 saying I'd break my wrist. Came to secondary school, immediately joined the club, dragged a few of my besties over too and Edward almost made the state squad. (u should thank me bud). Remembered i struct my first above 200 score after 4months. Then me and Edward used to keep score on our head to heads. Good times. I remembered me and Edward winning our first interschool league title on our first year in the squad with Romulus and Edwin. The LURVE affair didn't stop there. Went around competing, awesome experience, met loads of friends. I can't say along the way there weren't any bumps. Like any Lurve affair, they're ups and downs. Like every LURVE multi-grain chips, with a twist of a finger it cracks.


Downs were abundant from mistakes in judgments getting me into the coach's bad side, from disappointments from competitions to losing out on squads. Not to say the injuries I got from it. My fingers were a nightmare. Swells and dead skins all over. Blisters and cuts are usual demons.Snapped my back once, nothing to major but it didn't heal too well, am still having the occasional bother til today. Pulled a nerve from the palm til the elbow, couldn't write or do anything for about a month. Healthy snacking were always lacking. Spent all day at the alley so wez eating crap food but it all doesn't matter. I slept ate and breathed bowling.

It all ended after my high school days. I had to go off studying and the alley in Miri when I first got here was pathetic. Competitions were non-existent. Ended my dream when I lost my gear and picked up my ankle injury from futsal. The world just ain't as kind once you get older.

But hey, its better to LURVE than nvr LURVED at all. This LURVE affair wez all forgotten until i saw THIS.


Wi-Bowl Bowling Ball.. Applies to all bowling games for the Wii console which is absolutely 101% AWESOME! It even have finger plugs that makes it an awesomely real experience. Requires users to mimic every critical motion needed for real bowling itself. It's like playing bowling, but playing it at home! Although, I doubt the weight factor is included but.. hey, its still awesome~

till next time peeps~ nuffnang! call me =)
CHEERIOS

1 comments:

-eD- said...

DUDE!!! u missed out the part where we would fkin stay in the alley from waht 830am, wait til lights come on and bowl til our parents got off work and picked us up... or walking to the alley from our school in uniforms just to get to training... man those were the days... not to mention ur admirers back in the days!! LOL... hows it goin man? read this post and i was like... man... its AGES ago!!! everythings changed now.. and i guess we lost that part of our lives... sheesh man... always looked forward to scoring all time highs... hahaha...